The University Teaching Hospital of Kigali /CHUK is one of the referral hospitals of the Country that began to work as health center in 1928. Whereby it started to work as hospital in 1965. With the enactment law N° 41/41/2000 of 7/12/2000 on the establishment and organization of CHK it has been an integral part and became a public institution with legal personality known as UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL OF KIGALI (CHUK).